Saturday, December 26, 2009

Walking on a Dream


Man Ray, 1936, 'Portrait of Dora Maar'




Louis Vuitton Campaign


Two artists which I LOVE: Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton and Man Ray.
What I find even more amazing and overwhelming, is the ability of artists to change and appropriate ideas for our current cultural climate! I mean, we now live in a world of designer labels and fashion industry giants, so it's no surprise that artists apply their talents here!

I am totally in awe of Louis Vuitton's last season's woman's campaign; as it seems to me, that is has taken on many techniques from the Surrealist photographic genius, Man Ray. While it's not copping, but appropriating, I like how this campaign still uses the solarization technique, but with vivid colour. Creating the ideal dream and magical landscape for the current shopper!!!

LOVEhelen

No comments:

Post a Comment