Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Together Alone






Yesterday I spent the day in the city, and had a wander around the NGV Ian Potter Centre. There is an exhibition on for all you design lovers that you will just adore! ….Hahha! Yes, Darlings! This is for you!

Together Alone is running in the Fashion & Textiles Gallery, level two, from October 1st 2009 till the 18th of April 2010, (so you’ve got plenty of time to make your way there!!). It’s a collaborative exhibition showcasing the outstanding works of Australian and New Zealand Fashion Designers. Ranging from the soft and sensitive works of Akira Isogawa and MaterialByProduct, to the outlandish and outrageously fun designs from Romance Was Born and World. This exhibition really touches on the broad range of intellectually charged and dynamic undercurrents that have flown through our fashion industry for many years. What was interesting about this exhibition is that it theatrically entertains the viewer with bold, bazaar and embellished garments but also music and film. While this was exciting, the balance came through with the incorporation of beautifully detailed and subtle pieces, which complemented the other designers.

Together Alone, for me, was so enjoyable because it not only included designers which I already knew, but also ones which where lesser know, and ones that I had not even heard of. It is hard for me to pick out my favourite pieces, but I did make some drawings of the ones that allured me most, I really enjoyed the collection, and I would strongly recommend seeing it!!!

LOVEhelen

INFO:
Drawings By: Helen Pappas
Image Sourced: http://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/togetheralone/
Exhibition Details: Together Alone: Australian And New Zealand Fashion, NGV, Ian Potter Centre, Federation Square, 01.10.09-18.04.10, --FREE—
Designers: Akira, Doris de Pont, MaterialByProduct, Toni Maticevski, Nom*D, Romance Was Born, World, Zambesi.




2 comments:

  1. Helen your drawings are beautiful! I loved that exhibition, will definitely have to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. helen your drawings are sooo amazing! jelousss xxx

    ReplyDelete